Alcohol Ink Votive Holders

I had picked up these little votive holders at the thrift store for 79 cents a piece.  I probably didn't save much by buying them second hand, but they seemed like a great size for tea lights.  Then when I got my alcohol ink, I thought I'd try it out on some glass.  

I wiped the votives clean with a makeup sponge and some rubbing alcohol, then carefully dripped ink down the sides of the candle holders.  I tried to keep it from looking too "drippy" and still cover most of the surface.  It pooled at the edge and did look drippy in places.  It's tricky with a rounded surface to control the ink--which is part of the point of this look--a free form stained glass.  They turned out pretty neat when the light shines through them, and I've added another alcohol ink project to my repertoire.  


Popular posts from this blog

Plastic Wrap Alcohol Ink on Small Ceramic Bowl

Splatter Resist Alcohol Ink Tile

Alcohol Ink Washer Necklaces