Showing posts from 2021

Recycled Denim Wreath

We're in that odd part of the year between the 4th of July and Fall...what most people just call summer--but it's a holiday-less blur of heat and school prep for me. After I put away the few patriotic decorations a couple weeks ago, I realized I didn't have a summer wreath to hang on the door. I didn't want to make an extra trip to the store to buy supplies, so I decided I would make due with what I had. I have a couple of wreath forms in my craft stash, so I just had to decide what I was going to use for flowers. I thought about felt. I have quite a bit of felt, and I've made felt flower wreaths before (a few times ). I had a small pile of torn denim that didn't make the donate pile, so I thought...I could try making flowers out of jeans. Cue the hour long browse of jean wreaths and jean flowers on pinterest. Most of them involved cutting careful patterns and sewing. I'm far too impatient for that, so I thought I'd mostly wing it--most of the best cra

Adult Coloring and Sarah Jane's Craft Blog on Instagram

No new craft post this week, but I wanted to share a reminder that you can follow me over on Instagram: Sarah Jane's Craft Blog on Instagram . View this post on Instagram A post shared by Sarah Jane Setnes Dale (@sarahjanescraftblog) I post photos of each week's projects along with coloring projects and flashbacks to old crafts. Be sure to follow! P.S. If you're interested in more info about adult coloring and what colored pencils I like--check out my past posts here: Adult Coloring .

Plastic Wrap Alcohol ink on Spray Painted Candles

A couple weeks ago I tested out some new (to me) alcohol inks: Unicone Arts Alcohol Ink . My opinion of the inks was a bit mixed . The inks were beautiful colors, but a bit thin and really inconsistent in vibrancy/opacity (how strong the colors are). So, I wanted to try them out using some different methods to see how well they really work. I've done a lot of plastic wrap alcohol inking over the last few years, but when I first started to try  applying alcohol ink with plastic wrap , I had a few sort of successful attempts at applying it with the  plastic wrap and peeling it off while still wet or tacky . Since then, I've mastered the art of letting it dry (it can be a real challenge of patience some days). Dollar Tree Altar Candles were one of the projects I tried inking with plastic wrap with mixed success, so I thought I'd try it again.  This time, I spray painted the candle jars with a light coat of white spray paint. I taped off the top of the candle jar, and I spraye

From the Archives: 2012 Revisited

As the blog inches up on its 10th anniversary, I thought I'd share some of the projects that started the blog.  Click on the monthly links to check out projects from the beginning of blog! January 2012 :  February 2012 :  March 2012 :  April 2012 :  May 2012: August 2012 : September 2012 :